World Tuberculosis Day 2018 : History | Images | Logo | Theme | Activities | Slogans | Prevention
World Tuberculosis Day 2018 : World Tuberculosis Day, also called World TB Day, tries to bring awareness for Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis is a baterial infectious disease that affects the lungs. It is evaluated that in 2014, 9.6 million individuals fell sick with Tuberculosis and 1.5 million passed on from the illness.
World Tuberculosis Day is a World Health Organization holiday that is watched every year on March 24. The celebratory date recognizes the disclosure of Tubercolosis microbes by Dr. Koch in 1882.
History and Facts
• The theme for World Tuberculosis Day in 2018 is “Wanted: Leaders for a TB-Free World You can make history. End TB”
• Tuberculosis is the leading killer of HIV/AIDS-positive people.
• The tuberculosis death rate dropped 47%. The disease is treatable with a six-month course of antibiotics.
• Tuberculosis occurs in every part of the world.The largest number of cases in the world occur in India, Indonesia, Nigeria, Pakistan, China and South Africa.
World TB Day 2018 Logo
World TB Day 2018 Theme
• Wanted: Leaders for a TB-Free World You can make history. End TB
World TB Day 2018 Activities
Join our yearly campaign ‘Light up the World for TB’
World TB Day is an open door for individuals wherever to join this battle by teaching others about TB and by asking governments to make a move. This is the ideal opportunity to join the worldwide development in putting forth a capable expression and show solidarity.
What does it take?
Together we can turn the world RED on World TB Day to sparkle a light on wrecking conditions. We generously challenge every one of our accomplices to work with experts in urban communities over the world to illuminate their points of interest in red on 24 March 2018 to demonstrate their dedication towards completion TB.
Over the most recent two years, cities and landmarks across the world, for example, Barcelona, Rio, Karachi, Budapest and Niagara Falls among others took part in this energizing activity. We trust that your rworld-famous landmark/city will go along with us for World TB Day 2018.
World TB Day 2018 Quotes
• The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted.- Mother Theresa
• “Nature is that lovely lady to whom we owe polio, leprosy, smallpox, syphilis, tuberculosis, cancer.”
• “Germany is in terrible condition this year. This is particularly true of the working masses, who are so undernourished that tuberculosis is having a rich harvest, particularly of adolescent children.” » Agnes Smedley
• “The answer to old age is to keep one’s mind busy and to go on with one’s life as if it were interminable. I always admired Chekhov for building a new house when he was dying of tuberculosis.” » Leon Edel
• “Dying of tuberculosis The earth is suffocating – Swear to make them cut me open, so that I won’t be buried alive.” » Frederic Chopin
• “I was a sickly child, contracting tuberculosis at the age of five.” » Dinah Sheridan
World TB Day 2018 Slogans
• “On The Move Against TB: Transforming The Fight Towards Elimination”
• “TB Anywhere Is TB Everywhere”
• “Stop TB In My Lifetime.”
• “Frontline TB Care Providers: Heroes In The Fight Against TB”
• “I Am Stopping TB”
• “Tuberculosis: Feels Good Get That Off My Chest”
What you can do to Prevent the Disease ??
Here are some tips to prevent getting TB:
• Avoid direct contact with people with active TB, especially if you already have tested positive for latent TB
• Know if you are at risk
• Eat a healthy, balanced diet with lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meat
• Exercise regularly
• Avoid or cut down on alcohol
• Quit smoking
• Adequate sleep
• Practice good personal hygiene – avoid coughing, sneezing directly at others.
• Early diagnosis and treatment to prevent deterioration of the disease and spread of the infection.