Friday the 13th : Why People Considered this as Unlucky Day ? Look at Some Common Superstitions
It’s Friday the 13th today. Does that ring a ‘dismal’ ringer? Superstitious peoples relate Friday the 13th to uneasiness, dread and distrustfulness – they fear something bad would happen today. They call Friday the 13th a reviled day, an bad sign, an unfortunate day. Yet, do you know how it got related as an “ominous day”? A school of thought trusts that the dread of Friday the 13th originate from early Christianity. Jesus Christ was killed on a Friday, and Judas, who deceived him, was the 13th visitor to join the table amid the Last Supper. However, not all Fridays that fall on the 13th, are viewed as ‘unfortunate’. It is trusted that for a month to have a Friday the 13th, it must start with a Sunday. April of this current year started with the Easter Sunday, so today is the “dreaded day”!
In popular culture, in any case, two variables added to the ignominy connect with Friday the thirteenth:
In 1907, the novel ‘Friday the 13th’ was first distributed. It was composed by Thomas W. Lawson, who was strongly superstitious. In the story, a Wall Street representative attempted to crash the securities exchanges on Friday the 13th. The well known novel is as yet getting republished.
In prominent arrangement ‘Friday the 13th’, which has 12 blood and guts movies, the primary character Jason Voorhees is maniacal, cover wearing executioner who goes on a lethal frenzy. This is accepted to have contributed to a great extent in filling superstitions around Friday the 13th.
Here are some Normal superstitions identified with Friday the 13th:
1. Dread of number 13 has its own particular name. It’s called ‘triskaidekaphobia’. Skyscraper condos don’t have floor number 13. They rather, like to name it as floor no. 12 B or just skip numbering it as 13th floor. On Friday the 13th, people abstain from anything that is to do with number 13. They abstain from hotel in room numbered 13, clear line number 13 on flights.
2. Assembling in a gathering of 13 individuals is a strict no-no on ‘inauspicious’ Friday the 13th.
3. For relational unions, Friday the 13th is for the most part not favored.
4. Peoples want to maintain a strategic distance from Friday the 13th for travel.
5. Huge buys like house or car are additionally stayed away from on Friday the 13th by superstitious people.