Read all about Earth day and know how can you contribute towards saving ‘Mother Earth’
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is an yearly occasion marked over the world to show support for environmental protection.
The aim is to encourage people to do things that will benefit the Earth, for example, reusing more, using solar power or plant trees.
The event happens around the world and it is described as the greatest common occasion on the planet.
More than a billion people are expected to celebrate the day including natural campaigners Leonardo di Caprio and Emma Watson.
Earth Day Facts
• Every year Earth day is Celebrated on 22nd april to Increasing Awareness about the Earth , Its issues and problems
• Earth day was formed by 3 key people, Peace activist – John mcconnell , U.S.senator – Gaylord nelson and chief organizer – Denis Hayes
• Theme for 2018 – “Ending Plastic Pollution”
• The first Earth Day led to the creation of the EPA and legislation like the Clean Air and Water Act
• The First Earth Day was celebrated on 22 April, 1970
• In 2009, United Nation renamed earth day as “International Mother Earth Day”
• The World’s population has tripled in the last 60 years placing stress on every aspect of the environment
• Air pollution, Acid rain, Ozone layer, Depletion, Water Pollution, Climate change and Global warming are the major environmental problems today
• Our planet is currently losing over 15 billion trees each year, that’s 56 acres of forest every minute
• Species are going extinct at a faster rate than ever before. We have entered a sixth mass extinction brought on by global human activity
• There is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere today than at any point in the last 800,000 years
• Global warming has raised the Earth’s average surface temperature about 1.5 ° F
• Over 1.5 billion people do not have access to clean water
• Through the Canopy Project, Earth day network works on the Ground to Strengthen Communities through Tree Planting
• In Earth Day Celebration in 2011, 28 million trees were planted in Afganistan by the Earth day Network
• Earth day Network’s reforestation campaign benefits local communities, increases habitat for species and combats climate change
• In Honor of earth day, the panama, 100 endangered species od orchids were planted and maintained to prevent theie extinction
• As part of the celebration, some communities make Earth Day a “Car-Free Day”
• Earth day celebrated in many cities around the world by the ringing of “Peace Bells”
• Each year more than 1 billion people participate in Earth day Activities
How can U help to end plastic pollution?
For 2018, the Earth Day theme is End Plastic Pollution.
Individuals wanting to help make an effect can download an action toolkit and work out how much plastic they’re consuming, then create a plan to reduce it.
Associations can sort out an Earth Day Activity day to teach others on their plastic utilization and the effect it has on the earth.
Here are some simple steps you can take to reduce your plastic utilization:
• Use reusable bags when you go shopping
• Don’t use plastic straws with drinks where possible
• Buy boxes instead of bottles – cardboard is easier to recycle than plastic
• Use reusable bottles and cups
• Pack meals in reusable containers instead of disposable plastic containers and sandwich bags
Earth Day Inspirational Quotes
How you can contribute Individually to Earth Day
• Plant a tree
• Bring your electronic waste the recycling center
• Teach the kids in your life about nature
• Start a garden
• Quit bottled water
• Switch your banking to paperless
• Go outside and enjoy the Earth! .
Ideas to Celebrate Earth Day at School
1. Explore Nature: There is such a great amount for children to see, appreciate, and learn in nature. Take them outside to make associations and investigations with flying creatures, fertilizing the soil, cultivating, and other open air exercises. Associating with nature when they are youthful can manufacture a lifetime of regard and satisfaction for the earth and outside.
2. Boost your School’s Recycling Program: Brainstorm with the children on how together you can reuse progressively and lessen squander at your school. From utilizing iPads as opposed to printing paper, or ensuring that reusing containers for jugs and jars are strategically placed, there is dependably upgrades to be made in a school’s reusing program. Here are more thoughts on reusing more at school.
3. Create a Recycling Drive at your School: Recruit children and guardians to help reuse things that may advance into the waste at home. For example, inventories, telephone directories, paper, jugs, or jars. Go for an objective (for example, 10,000 lbs for the year) and consider things that individuals may neglect to reuse. This can be an extraordinary method to get kids dynamic in doing “work” that truly has any kind of effect and can likewise help teach the group.
4. Spark Interest in Gardening and Composting: School gardens have a huge amount of potential for learning and furthermore developing sustenance. It is wonderful to see the children get their hands messy and see the aftereffects of their diligent work when the garden develops.
5. Start a Petition: Many gatherings of children over the U.S. have been fruitful with beginning petitions on change.org. For example, this class requested of to have Universal Studios include natural data their Lorax motion picture site.
How Community can contribute to Earth Day
1. Take a Hike
There is no better method to get back in contact with the Earth’s rhythms than to really go outside and encounter its numerous wonders.This Earth Day, for what reason not get out or go for a bicycle ride? Perhaps go kayaking? The fact of the matter is, get outside, inhale the air, feel the sun on your cheeks and assimilate some vitamin D. Regardless of whether you live in the city and don’t have simple access to a considerable measure of green space, you’d be astonished how notwithstanding investing a short measure of energy in a urban stop will revive your spirit.
2. Get Involved in a Community Garden
In the event that you have never encountered the enchantment of moving up your sleeves and uncovering some earth, at that point now is the ideal opportunity. Cultivating is a superb method to think about the amount we rely upon the earth for our survival. On the off chance that you don’t have your own garden or you live in a city, don’t worry. A brisk google inquiry should lead you to no less than one shared garden or housetop cultivate and we’re relatively sure they won’t turn down your assistance. Besides you’ll get the opportunity to meet new individuals who adore the planet as much as you.
3. Clean Out Your Closet and Donate to a Charity
It may not generally be so self-evident, but rather fabricating new apparel requires both vitality and water, and there are numerous individuals who don’t have cash to purchase their own. So this Earth Day, for what reason not tidy up your overstuffed storage space and after that give those shirts and shorts you haven’t worn in years to a nearby philanthropy. Not exclusively will this influence you to like alleviating your burden, however the general population who get your daintily utilized attire will so grateful you’ll think about whether it’s Christmas and not Earth Day!.
4. Go Vegan or Vegetarian for the Day
In case you’re as of now a veggie lover or vegetarian then this won’t not be for you, but rather on the off chance that you eat meat then this is something that you can do that will have a stunning effect. Both raising hamburger and the pesticides utilized are significant supporters of ozone depleting substance outflows, also meat’s unsafe effect on your wellbeing. For one day, why not eat a flavorful veggie lover or vegan dinner. In the event that you keep a receptive outlook you’ll be astonished how scrumptious it can be. In case you’re not certain about your own particular cooking, run with a companion to a veggie lover or vegan eatery in your general vicinity. Only for a day. You never know, it may turn into a propensity.
5. Throw a Green Party
We overlook some of the time that life is something that merits celebrating. The very reality that we exist is one of the best supernatural occurrences comprehensible, so for what reason not utilize this day as the ideal chance to hang out with your most loved green mates. Haul out the biodegradable flatware, or buck up and utilize your own, blend some natural lager, cook some great healthy sustenance, and invest energy with the ones you cherish. Being a piece of a group is a standout amongst the most critical parts of eco-cognizant living that advantages the planet, as well as you too.