10 facts about Karnataka’s new CM H. D. Kumaraswamy
H. D. Kumaraswamy will be the next CM of Karnataka after B. S. Yeddyurappa of BJP presented his resignation to the governor without confronting the floor test. Kumaraswamy will going to take the oath on Wednesday, May 23.
No gathering got full majority in the state decisions and the governor called BJP to frame the government as it developed as the single largest party. In any case, soon after the results, Congress announced its help to JDS on the off chance that it shapes government. The Congress-JDS coalition had required numbers from the earliest starting point yet as the governor called BJP in the first place, Congress and JDS took the lawful route. According to the court’s bearing, BJP needed to prove majority on 19thMay yet Yeddyurappa failed to do that. Presently it’s affirmed that Kumaraswamy will be the new CM of Karnataka.
Let’s see Some facts about the next CM of Karnataka H. D. Kumaraswamy:
1. His full name is Haradanahalli Devegowda Kumaraswamy and earlier also, he has served the state of Karnataka as the 18th chief minister from 2006 to 2007.
2. Kumaraswamy who is popular as “Kumaranna” among his party workers is the son of previous Indian Prime Minister H. D. Deve Gowda.
3. To the extent Kumaraswamy’s education is concerned, his primary education was finished in a government school situated in Hassan district. For his high school studies, he went to MES Educational Institution, Jayanagar, Bengaluru, while he finished his B.Sc from Bengaluru’s National College.
4. Kumaraswamy got married to Anitha on 13th March, 1986, and they both have a child named HK Nikhil Gowda who is an actor and works in Kannada and Telugu film industry.
5. From 4th February 2006 to 9th October 2007, he was the Chief Minister of the state and amid that period, the GDP of the state was record high. It earned him the title of People’s CM.
6. Kumaraswamy is also termed as an election machine because since his debut in 1996, he has fought elections nine times in the last 22 years. In these 22 years, 11 elections have occurred in Karnataka, 6 Lok Sabha and 5 assembly elections. Out of these 9 times, Kumaraswamy has won 6 times and lost 3 times in elections.
7. Kumaraswamy’s wife Anitha has also tried her luck in elections but didn’t succeed.
8. Kumaraswamy was a famous and noted film producer, distributor and exhibitor before he entered politics in 1996. As per Kumaraswamy, he entered the film industry just because of his affection for the Kannada actor Rajkumar whom he used to follow.
9. Kumaraswamy is allegedly blamed for plural marriage additionally also as he is said to be married to Radhika, a Kannada actress, since 2006. However, it is illegal and void according to the Hindu Marriage act and different PILs have been documented in the court but the court wiped out them due to absence of evidence. While Kumaraswamy is 58 years old, the time of Radhika is 31.
10. In 2018 Karnataka state elections, Kumaraswamy battled from two seats and won from both – Channapatna and Ramanagaram. Presently he needs to leave from one of them and bye-election will occur there inside a half year.
11. Kumaraswamy has produced numerous successful movies including “Chandra Chakori” that was a huge hit and kept running for 365 days in the theater.
Do you know more interesting facts about Kumaraswamy? Let us know.