Mind-Blowing Facts about Food,10th is really shocking
Food. Everybody cherishes it, everybody has it. Everybody even discusses it. Food is something we can discuss for quite a long time and hours. You may know many Foods. But how much facts do you know about food?
Here are some facts about food that you surely not find anywhere:
1. Do you know that in the case of an absolute emergency, coconut water can be used as a substitute for blood plasma.
2. Thing which will never expire or rot and can last 3000 years= honey.
3. I can’t believe that carrots were originally purple.
4. Scientists are able to turn peanut butter into diamonds because of its high carbon content.
5. Airplanes foods aren’t very tasty because our sense of smell and taste drop by 30% when inside a pressurized cabins at high altitudes.
6. Fruit-flavored snacks are made with the same wax used on cars, and the gelatin in fruit snacks is mostly made from pork skins, pork and cattle bones or split cattle hides.
7. Chocolate was used as currency for the Aztecs because they couldn’t grow cacao in the dry highlands of Central Mexico.
8. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
9. There are so many varieties of apples known that it would take 20 years for you all of them if you taste an apple every day.
10. Cheese is the most frequently stolen food item in the world with 4% of all cheese going missing every year.
11. Potatoes can absorb and reflect Wi-Fi signals.
12. The strawberry and cashew are the only agricultural products that bears its seeds on the outside.
13. An 11 year old boy invented the popsicle by accident.
14. A 100gm chocolate bar takes approximately 1,700 litres of water to make.
15. Kiwi fruit can improve your eyesight as it’s a surprisingly good source of lutein, an antioxidant that protects your vision.
16. The first dynamite was made with peanuts as peanut oil was used to produce nitroglycerin,one of the main ingredients of dynamite.
17. You could cover the great wall of china 8 times with the number of jars of nutella sold in a year.
18. Ketchup was compressed into pill form and sold as a medicine to cure diarrhea in the 1800s.
19. Mcdonald’s sell an average of 75 burgers every seconds of every day on a global scale.
20. Monk fruit extract is about 300 times sweeter than sugar.
21. On august 10,2015 NASA astronauts, ate food (lettuce) grown in the space for the first time.
22. If left directly on the skin for a prolonged period of time, garlic can cause third degree burns because the chemicals in it are so potent.
23. Humans are genetically coded to crave sugar.
24. Eskimos use refrigerator to keep their food from freezing.
25. Tea bags were created by accident as customers inaccurately started to use tea samples in the same way as infusers.
26. 100% pure orange juice bought in the stores is actually 100% artificially flavoured by fragrance companies.