9 Uses of Rice other than eating
Rice is one of my favorite foods. I can eat it with any vegetable. But do you know that there are many other uses of rice besides eating it. Rice can be shockingly convenient around the house.
Below are the lists of some:
- Have a headache or muscle strain? It can be used as a hot and cold compress to get rid of pain. Mix a cup of rice with a few drops of essential oil in it. Then place that rice into a tiny cloth and sew it. Store it in the freezer for cold compress and microwave it for hot compress.
- Rice can also be used to make rice glue. This glue can be used in everyday craft projects. It dries hard and is transparent in color. This can easily be made at home. Mix one cup of rice with 4 cups of water in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Lower the temperature and simmer it for 45 minutes. Constantly check its consistency. It should look like porridge. If it looks like rice then we should add more water.
Once it looks likes porridge remove it from the gas and let it cool completely. If there are larger pieces, then blend it and add it to the container. Store it in the refrigerator and use thoroughly with a brush.
- Rice can clean dirty vase. When the flowers are there in a vase for a while, nasty film tends to stick the glass. Put a small amount of rice with little water in the vase. Soak it for a few minutes and stir vigorously. This will scrub away the dirt.
- Surprisingly, rice saves wet electronics as well. Have you ever accidentally dropped your cell phone in the toilet or in bathing bucket full of water? Don’t worry! Rice will not let it get damaged. Place your electronic item in a bowl of rice for a few days so that the moisture draws out and then you can use it.
- To avoid the clumps in the salt just put the few drops of rice in the salt container to avoid it.
- Rice can keep hand tools from rusting also. If you have older tools that are vulnerable to rusting, place in a box of rice. This is mainly useful in humid areas.
- Rice can be checked to see if the oil is hot enough for frying. If the rice pop back up immediately and begins to bubble, then this is understood the oil is ready for frying.
- It is a slow discharge air freshener. If you want a little fragrance in small space, then rice is the best thing. Take a small container and put half cup rice in it. Add 10 to 20 drops of essential oil in it and mix well. Place it anywhere for a long lasting air freshener. You should always shake it when you think the fragrance is dying.
- It saves silver from oxidizing. We can’t completely avoid polishing silver, but we delay the process a bit by placing small container of uncooked rice in the drawer where you keep the silver pieces. Rice will absorb the moisture and helps in hastening the oxidizing process.